I have been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Christine Speno. It is an honor to be nominated and I apologize profusely for my negligence in posting on the topic.
To accept the award, one must post ten things that their readers may not know about them as well as listing six blogs that they think are outstanding and deserve nomination as well. In the spirit of the award, I had a wonderful time perusing the blogs and selecting six that I thought were also worthy.
In no particular order, here are my selections for nomination. I have chosen six categories that I am fond of and found blogs therein.
Blogging~The Paltry Meanderingsof a Taller than Average Woman
Books~ Writer’s Rambles
Poetry~ Apologize with Lies
Recipes~ Disseminated Thoughts
Drama~ A Day in the Life of Me
These blogs are great, and because I found them and enjoyed them so much, I follow them now.
Now on to sharing ten things about myself that my readers might not know:
1) I am the proud kitty mumma of a cat that does not live with me any more. I saw him this past Sunday at my uncle’s house and my beautiful Merlyn is doing well.
2) I was the same age at the birth of my first biological son that my mother was at my birth. We were 24.(ok…I was 2 months shy, but it was pretty close)
3) I was 14 when my eldest step-son was born. I tease my husband mercilessly about that. He was 21 at the time.
4) My very first car was a 1994 maroon Ford Taurus that I named Brigid after the Celtic Goddess of Hearth, Healing and Poetry. Next time, I will not name a car after a deity with fire associations. Through the course of her life after a minor accident and backyard repairs, she used to burn through wires and electrical tape several times a day.
5) My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love to dress up and when I can, I dress as Dawn Queen of the Witches, a comic book character. I adore Salem, Massachusetts in October and would spend the whole month there if money were no object.
6) For as long as I can remember, I wanted at least four children, most likely because I was one of four children myself. However, I assumed I was going to have girls…at least one. I was wrong. We have four boys between my husband and I. I love them dearly, all of them, and wouldn’t trade them for anything. I would have dozens of kids if I could afford them…and a maid.
7) I met my husband at school. He was in the first college class that I took at Southern New Hampshire University in 2006. We did not begin to date until well after that class was over, but we were friends through the class.
8) I scrapbook, although I have not recently. I have more scrapbook supplies than I can use in this lifetime, but I am ok with that. You never know what you are going to need.
9) My great-grandfather was a published author and I have copies of all of the books that he wrote and self published. I bought them off Amazon because I thought that the idea of owning copies that had been out in the world and read was wonderful. I even got autographed copies long after he passed away. Hants A. White is my personal hero and I miss him dearly. He used to call himself Hayseed Hank in the letters he wrote. His books, just as a warning, are written by a man from northern Maine who wrote about the depression. They are a good insight into the mindset of the era, but not always Politically Correct.
10) My mother used to tell me that her eyes were bluer before I was born but that I took the blue out of her eyes when I was born. I didn’t believe her…until Kayden was born. The first time I looked into the mirror after his birth I jumped because my eyes were less blue than they had been before…much greener.
I hope that you enjoyed this post and I am terribly sorry that I was so long in posting it. Again, I am grateful for the nomination. Read Christine’s blog, too! Words Etc. It is very well written and fun to read!
- Kreativ Blogger Award (hscraig.wordpress.com)
- The Kreativ Blogger award. (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Kreative Blogger Award and Words Etc. (wordsetcwriting.com)
- Kreative Blogger Award (collinesblog.wordpress.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (lifeofafemalebiblewarrior.wordpress.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (relyingdailyonjesus.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (petedenton.wordpress.com)
- The Kreativ Blogger Award, anon! (lindawillows.wordpress.com)
- Kreativ Blogger Award (childrensbooksheal.com)
- The Kreativ Blogger Award (pbus1.wordpress.com)